Date: 16th June 2017 Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm Venue: SOAS
- ‘Not Encouraging, Not Discouraging, and Not Promoting’: LGBTQ Legal Advocacy Efforts in China- Siodhbhra Margaret Parkin, Fellow, Yale Law School Paul Tsai China Center, CT, USA.
- Resistance from the Closet: Queer Politics in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – Ismail Shogo, Middle East Institute, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Innocent Babies, Contagious Homosexuals, and Ambivalent Equality: Contested Discourses of “Human Rights” in the Same-sex Marriage Movement in Taiwan – Yu-Ying Hu, Assistant Professor, Graduate Institute of Gender Studies, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
- Amos Yee and the Little Red Dot: Queering Postcolonial Citizenship in the Asian Continent – Ella Parry-Davies, King’s College London and National University of Singapore
- Nationalism and Queer Intersectionality in Aubrey Menen – Rajorshi Das, M.Phil Researcher, University of Delhi, India