Date: 17th June 2017 Time: 10:45am – 12:15pm Venue: SOAS
- “We can’t live together like those German faggots”. Cinematic representation of queer migrants from Muslim-majority countries living in Europe. – Gerard Coll-Planas, Director del Centre d’Estudis Interdisciplinaris de Gènere, Universitat de Vic-Universitat, Central de Catalunya, Spain, AND Arnau Roig Mora, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Asian males challenging sexual racism: coping strategies to subvert and reinvent desirability in gay dating – Dr. Massimo Modesti, Pedagogista Interculturale e Ricercatore in Antropologia
- Queer Intersections: Voices from Expatriates and Immigrants Living in Japan–Tianqi Zhang, Graduate School of Integrated Sciences for Global Society, Kyushu University, Japan.
- The Filipino Queer Immigrants in the Netherlands: Marginalised? Absolutely not! Invisible? So what? – Rica Unico, Research Master in Gender and Ethnicity, Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
- Coming out of the Country: Migration in gay immigrants’ coming-out stories – Ping-Hsuan Wang, Georgetown University, USA.